Skip to main content

birthday table decoration [40153] review

Birthday Table Decoration [40153] Box
Birthday Table Decoration [40153] Box

What's the perfect LEGO birthday present for a LEGO enthusiast (excluding the big box sets, of course)? The LEGO Birthday Table Decoration [40153]!

I recently celebrated my 30th birthday last month, and one of the gifts my ever-supportive wife gave me is the Birthday Table Decoration [40153] set. It is the perfect centerpiece in the festive table (and the perfect announcement of your current age).

Birthday Table Decoration [40153]
Birthday Table Decoration [40153]

The iconic table decoration was released in the summer of 2015, retailing at £6.99 / $9.99 / 7.99€. It measures over 3” high, 3” wide, and 3” deep. It comes with buildable age numbers from 1 to 99 (poor centenarians). The official spiel says that it includes a jester minifigure, but the truth is it includes only half a minifigure. I really wish that LEGO has provided the jester his brick legs so that he can stand on his own. The jester is used in the set's pop-up function, revealing a cute birthday surprise. The set comes with a lot of colorful decorative elements, and translucent flame elements.

The building experience is a lot of fun, with all the different colors and layers. The final build resembles a mini cake that looks good enough to eat. The pop-up function seems stable enough that there's no need to worry if the top will detach and fly to the nearby food. I also love the size of the box. It is just enough to fit the final build without disassembling anything.

Birthday Table Decoration [40153] Surprise
Birthday Table Decoration [40153] Surprise

A quick customization of this set can make it fit to any birthday party theme. It's as easy as substituting the bricks with other colors to match the motif. Or changing the jester to any other minifigure the celebrant favors. For my wife's birthday next year, I was thinking of making a Disney themed birthday table decoration. Sounds like a plan...

The Birthday Table Decoration [40153] is truly a perfect birthday gift for any LEGO fan...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...