Skip to main content

LEGO star wars magazine: issue 14

LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 14
LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 14

Issue 14 of LEGO Star Wars Magazine is now available, and this month's free gift is none other than Jedi Master Yoda's Hut!

When I first saw the preview of this issue in last month's, I thought LEGO Star Wars Magazine is finally giving away minifigures, and the first one will be Yoda. But obviously, I was wrong. Maybe I wasn't the only one who made this mistake because in the final foil packaging, Yoda was printed in 2D, instead of 3D, to make it clear that a minifigure was not included.

As I've said in my previous post, it really is quite reassuring to know that the LEGO Star Wars Magazine is a medium to explore the untouched corners of the Star Wars brick universe. Because truly in Star Wars, everything is important!

Surprisingly, this is not the debut of Yoda's Hut in brick form. The Hut was first featured in the X-Wing Fighter [4502] set back in 2004. The set included Yoda's Hut in the background to recreate the scene in Episode V, The Empire Strikes Back, wherein Luke Skywalker seek training from the Jedi Master in the murky swamps of Dagobah. The Hut was also featured in 2015's San Diego Comic-Con Dagobah Mini Build set, recreating the above mentioned scene in a microscale, complete with the tree trunk and the swamp (and an R2-D2 minifigure for the Godzilla effect).

For the free gift per se, it may not be the most representative but the set do feel like it is Yoda's.

Yoda's Hut
Yoda's Hut

The color scheme screams "mine, it is!" The pieces are also quite interesting. I love seeing unconventional pieces in different shades of green. For the building experience, I actually have more fun than I expected. I just had a little trouble with the bricks with bows. The instruction was to put them on the baseplate first then connect them, but with my big fingers, I found the vice versa easier. Overall, it is a cute microbuild (and has a strong tendency to remain in my work desk for a long time).

For the next issue, here's a little sneak peak. The LEGO Star Wars Magazine Issue 15 comes out 14 September. Oh, I can't wait for this micro AT-AT!

Micro AT-AT
Micro AT-AT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...