Skip to main content

project monochrome: white

White Monochrome Minifigure
White Monochrome Minifigure

One of the purposes of the monochrome in art is to reduce it to its simplest form so that the focus of the piece would be on its pure physical elements. Applying that concept to LEGO, peeling away all the paint, leaving only the base color, one can achieve a minimal art in brick form...

That's one way to see it. Another is to simply say that I have always been a fan of monochrome minifigures, which are so cool and calming to look at. For the longest time, I thought this would be a difficult project but I have read somewhere that it's so easy if you start with the basics. That's why for my first monochrome minifigure, I decided to begin with the color white.

White Monochrome Minifigure: Sailor
White Monochrome Minifigure: Sailor

White pieces are very easy to obtain. I got all the white minifigure pieces from my local LEGO Shop's Build-a-Mini. Unfortunately, there was no plain torso available so I just chose the one with the least printing. The doctor's torso with a pocket and a stethoscope fits the description perfectly. I removed the paint using a cotton swab and a rag cloth with Brasso metal polish. With just a few rubs, all the paint is gone. I tried to do it as lightly as possible to avoid scratches or dullness. There were some reports of such results if the process was done aggressively. Luckily, I managed to produce a clean outcome on my first try.

Brasso
Brasso

With my Project Monochrome, I feel like I have added depth to my LEGO collection. The hunt is on to find single-colored pieces...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...