Skip to main content

wedding favor set [40165] review


Wedding Favor Set [40165] Box
Wedding Favor Set [40165] Box

I do...

I do believe that the Wedding Favor Set [40165] is the perfect wedding present for a LEGO couple. But for my wife and I, it came about a year late. So we just built this set as one of the many ways to commemorate our first wedding anniversary. I am a firm believer that a happy wife means a happy life, so I let her build this one.

In a lot of ways, the Wedding Favor Set [40165] is a great improvement on its predecessor [853340]. The most obvious change is the absence of cardboard pieces. The lovely arch is now made entirely out of plastic bricks, decorated beautifully with gems and flowers. The new set also comes with a bigger baseplate to facilitate the elevation of the stage (and to add some more flowers).

Wedding Stage
Wedding Stage

Customization of the minifigures is more varied in the new set with the inclusion of lots of hairpieces. Unfortunately, not all natural colors are represented.

Bride Options
Bride Options

My wife super loves the Bride minifigure. But I think the old one is better (except for the multi-brick skirt) and more elegant, with its simple torso print and veiled tiara. But the best Bride (so far) is the one from the LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 7 [8831]. My wife settled for the brown princess hairpiece to match her own.

My Wife Bride
My Wife Bride

For the Groom minifigure, the set includes a top hat, three hairpieces (yellow on yellow looks weird), and two minifig heads. One is bearded and the other is double-sided showing serious/worried faces.

Groom Options
Groom Options

According to my wife, only the bearded groom looked happy to get married. She settled with the black hairpiece and serious face to represent me (though in real life I actually smile a lot).

My Precious
My Precious

Golden wedding bands were finally included in this seasonal set. Thanks to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit sets, a mold for minifigure rings was made. These sets were first released in 2012. The reason why the old Wedding Favor Set [853340] doesn't include this precious piece is because it was released a year before that.

Wedding Favor Set [40165]
Wedding Favor Set [40165]

Overall, the Wedding Favor Set [40165] is a fun build. It's also a good buy with a recommended retail price of UK £6.99 / US $9.99. It's a perfect wedding table (or cake) decoration for LEGO lovers. My only complaint is the Groom looks a little short without his top hat. Nevertheless, it made my wife happy. And we all know what that means...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...