Skip to main content

christmas 2016 haul

Snowglobe [40223]
Snowglobe [40223]

Happy holidays everyone! What's a better way to celebrate the festivities than bricktacularly?

For my wife and I, this will be our first time celebrating the holidays in the United Kingdom. To divert our attention from homesickness, we both turned to (as one of my closest friends would describe it) brick therapy. Without realizing it, our Christmas 2016 haul instantly grew (mainly due to the freebies).

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146]
LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146]

The first set on this list is the LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146]. As you can see here, I bought it as early as September when it first came out. My wife had to make a note on the box, wrap it, and hide it in plain sight in order to ensure that I'll be able to delay my gratification. I wasn't able to do a daily blog as planned, but I made a gallery post to compensate.

Come November, on the opening of the new London Leicester Square LEGO Store, we acquired the bulk of our holiday sets. For going there really early, we were rewarded with last year's Gingerbread House [40139].

Gingerbread House [40139] Box
Gingerbread House [40139] Box

Gingerbread House [40139]
Gingerbread House [40139]

And for our purchases, we were gifted with the Toy Soldier [5004420] ornament, and the 24-In-1 Christmas Builds [40222] box set.

Toy Soldier [5004420]

24-In-1 Christmas Builds [40222]
24-In-1 Christmas Builds [40222]

We weren't really planning to buy any LEGO last Black Friday Sale, but the Snowglobe [40223] set is irresistibly beautiful. In my opinion, this is one of the best seasonal sets ever.

Snowglobe [40223] Box

Then there are always the impulse sets. Seasonal sets from the previous years were popping out everywhere. We found the very cute (and very cheap) Santa's Visit [40125] and Reindeer [30474] sets in our local stores.

Santa's Visit [40125]
Santa's Visit [40125]

Reindeer [30474]

And to cap our Christmas 2016 haul, we claimed the re-released Gingerbread Man [5005156] to complement our Gingerbread House [40139]. I just think he was a little overbaked.

Gingerbread Man [5005156]
Gingerbread Man [5005156]

I guess that's it for this year. There's always next year. Enjoy the holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...