Skip to main content

R2-D2 [30611] review

R2-D2 [30611]
R2-D2 [30611]

The exclusive R2-D2 [30611] set is the best free polybag ever!

In celebration of 40 years of Star Wars, LEGO is giving away a buildable R2-D2 [30611] set for every specific purchase. For me, this is the sweetest May the 4th Be With You promotion to date!

In the UK LEGO Stores, you can take this droid home with any LEGO Star Wars purchase of £60 or more, from 29 April to 6 May, or while stocks last. For more details, click here.

And in the Philippine LEGO Certified Stores, you can get this limited edition gift for a minimum single receipt purchase of P3500 on any LEGO item from 4 to 31 May. Then the redemption period is from 15 May to 31 July. For more details, check out their official Facebook post.

R2-D2
R2-D2

As I mentioned above, I consider this the best May the 4th free LEGO. Don't get me wrong, I love all those minifigures, but I have to admit they didn't put a huge smile on my face when I was building them. I was literally smiling the whole time I was constructing my very own R2 unit! It's really amazing to see the ingenuity of the design, considering there were only 70 pieces! The simplicity of the build is also a big win, for the final output is not only sturdy but also looks flawless.

To be honest, I'm quite surprised with the printed pieces. I thought since this is a free gift, only part of the dome was printed. But no, it is surprisingly detailed! I also thought that a sticker was used for the front tile, but it was printed as well (Yehey! I really don't like stickers on my bricks).

It's also worth mentioning that the dome piece can be rotated! How cool is that? And most importantly, R2's third appendage is included!

I wish more droids will be released in the future at this scale. I so love love this buildable R2-D2 figure. This is definitely the droid you're looking for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...