Skip to main content

R3-M2 [40268] review

R3-M2 [40268]
R3-M2 [40268]

The free LEGO R3-M2 [40268] minifigure will definitely make any rebel wannabe go rogue!

R3-M2 is the latest droid minifigure LEGO is giving away to brick fans from a galaxy far, far away. It is an astromech droid part of the Alliance to Restore the Republic from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. 

The promotion runs in the UK from 7 to 31 May with any LEGO Star Wars purchase. The offer is valid online at shop.LEGO.com and in LEGO Stores. Limited to one per household, and of course, while supplies last.

R3-M2
R3-M2

I don't know the reason behind this but the set is weirdly packaged in a softer polybag. If I haven't received it from a LEGO Store, I think I would doubt it as a knockoff or something. Other than that, everything else is perfect!

The R3-M2 minifigure comes with a cool transparent head, which at first glance looks chrome silver. As pictured above, the printed details, however, are kind of hard to see (sorry). The body's printing is somewhat similar to that of R2-D2's but with a brown theme instead of blue. 

Backdrop & Stand
Backdrop & Stand

The set also comes with a decorative backdrop, a sticker label, and a brick-built stand. The stand can be attached to another stand via a Technic connector peg piece. Could this mean there will be more minifigures, or at least droids to come? The film featured a lot of characters so this can be an exciting product line. Or it can go beyond the anthology film and pluck characters from the original and prequel trilogies. After all, Star Wars is celebrating a whopping 40 years!

Overall, I am very happy with the R3-M2 polybag, and the possible direction this line may go. But I still need to re-watch Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (already available on Digital HD, DVD and Blu-ray) and play Where's R3-M2?.

R3-M2 on Display
R3-M2 on Display
________________________________________

UPDATE: Confirmed! R3-M2 [40268] is just the first set in this line! A Scarif Stormtrooper [40176] set with a similar display setup has been found in the wild! The minifigure is slightly different from the Scarif Stormtrooper and Shore Trooper in the sets Battle on Scarif [75171] and TIE Striker [75154], respectively. Maybe it outranked them because of the two gray sleeves, or maybe not. There's no word yet on how to obtain this polybag but I'm sure it won't be long. My bet is on Force Friday (or Rogue Friday or however they would want to call it this year).

Scarif Stormtrooper [40176]
(Photo grabbed from: https://brickset.com/sets/40176-1/Scarif-Stormtrooper
)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...