Skip to main content

it's beginning to look a lot like... what wookie is this anyway?

LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146] (Do not open!)
LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146] (Do not open!)

A white wookie, a silver droid, and a whole lot more! What else can a Star Wars fanboy ask for? The LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146] is now available! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

It's funny that LEGO released the advent calendars as early as September (The LEGO Friends Advent Calendar [41131] and LEGO City Advent Calendar [60133] are already on sale as well). This reminds me of the blissful Filipino tradition of starting the holiday celebrations as soon as the -Ber months arrive.

I really can't think of a perfect holiday themed Star Wars pun for my title (my brain is currently limited to the likes of Silver Droid, Silver Droid or Wookie guide my sleigh tonight?), until I settled with the one above. I truly wonder who the white wookie is. All signs seem to point to a snow-covered Chewbacca with a peppermint flavored bandolier.

But I can't build or even see him yet. My wife wrote a note that I can't open the box 'til 1 December. This is her gift to me by the way (Thank you pi!). And she's complaining that the set only included 24 gifts instead of 25, making it one present short (Um, thank you LEGO!). The LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar [75146] is my first advent calendar ever. I can't wait to open each and every mini door and reveal what's behind them. It can be a Star Wars themed minifigure, starship, vehicle, or other themed collectible. With this advent calendar, LEGO promises a festive tour of the galaxy, from Hoth to Tatooine to Naboo.

I really love the concept of an advent calendar. You can sing the Twelve Days... song but you have to add twelve days more. If you or your loved ones don't like Star Wars (Who doesn't?!), Friends, or City, you can make your own version. Your only limit is your imagination. I can envision myself customizing a Disney theme for my wife (Why is there no LEGO Disney Advent Calendar?!).

This will also be the first time for my wife and I to be away from our dear families and friends during the holiday season. The advent calendars are by no means substitutes for that longing, but they sure can entertain us even for just a little while...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...