Skip to main content

LEGO star wars annual 2017 review

LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017
LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017


LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017 has just been released, and it looks way, way better than last year's.

When I first came here in the United Kingdom, I bought a copy of the LEGO Star Wars Annual 2016 in Poundland for £1. It's a kiddie activity book with some free bricks. To be specific, it came with three 1x8 and three 1x4 white plates to represent lightsaber blades. That doesn't really make any sense. But I'm not really complaining, I got the book for only 1/8 of the retail price (paying the full price is not worth it). Apparently, annuals are a thing here. But what exactly are annuals? In my previous post I mentioned that annuals are books published shortly before the end of each year, and are aimed at the Christmas market. They are generally large hardcover books centered on sports, toys, celebrities, films, TV series, and so on, featuring various contents like text articles, comics, puzzles, etc. And since LEGO is quite popular here, it's not surprising to see LEGO Annuals. For 2017, three books were published. One is about LEGO per se, the other centers on Ninjago, and the remaining one focuses on, of course, Star Wars.

Imagine my excitement when I saw the preview of the LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017. Instead of senseless bricks, the new book includes not only an Ezra Bridger minifigure, but also a C1-10P, AKA Chopper. Even the LEGO Star Wars Magazine is yet to release an issue with free minifigures. So, when I saw a copy in my local WHSmith with a buy one get one for £1 promo, I decided to buy it (but not right away). I studied first if that was the current best deal. The book is actually cheaper in Argos for £3.99 (RRP £7.99), but it's out-of-stock in all the Argos near me. That alarmed me a bit. If it's selling fast, I don't think stocks will be left to be dumped into Poundland and be sold at a low, low price. Good thing there are still a few copies left in my local WHSmith. I immediately grabbed a copy (and a Ninjago one for my little sister) and found relief.

I was still in the shadows when the first Star Wars Rebels sets came out. So I missed The Ghost [75053], and The Phantom [75048], and all the minifigures that came with them. My first Star Wars Rebels set (that is not a polybag) is The Ghost [75127] Microfighter. Now my Hera Syndulla minifigure is no longer alone. She now has Ezra and Chopper in her crew (I'm just not sure if they'll all fit in the microfighter ship, haha).

Ezra Bridger
Ezra Bridger

The minifigures included in the LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017 are not really exclusives. They are the same Ezra and Chopper that can be acquired in The Phantom [75048], Rebel Combat Frigate [75158], Ezra's Speeder Bike [75090] (for Ezra), and the San Diego Comic Con 2014 exclusive The Ghost Starship (for Chopper). I think the Ezra minifigure will be updated in future sets based on the show's third season, with his new look and all. I was just a little disappointed with Chopper's matched appendages. I was kind of expecting mismatched struts, but I guess that can be easily arranged. Now that I think about it, I think Chopper is quickly becoming one of my favorite droids ever!

C1-10P (Chopper)

For the LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017 book itself, it still is a kiddie activity book. It is recommended for children aged seven years old and above. The art is colorful and cute as always. The puzzles and activities are also quite similar. What's remarkably new is the inclusion of The Force Awakens characters and story line. It's always a delight to see BB-8 in whatever form.

The LEGO Star Wars Annual 2017 is a good enough of an annual with great minifigures and fun activities. It's a perfect book to add in any collection, or to give away this holiday season. Just make sure to buy it at a discounted price. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

millennium falcon [75105] review

Millennium Falcon [75105] It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs ... Or at least according to Han Solo. Everyone's favorite intergalactic smuggler has boasted this claim about the iconic Millennium Falcon ever since A New Hope , and he even repeated this in  The Force Awakens . It's a rather ambiguous statement because parsec is a unit of distance and not time. Different justifications have been provided such as the Kessel Run being referred as more than just a route but also a race. Or maybe Old Ben is correct in saying that this is nothing but an obvious misinformation . Hopefully, the definitive explanation will be presented in next year's untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story movie. Or maybe it will remain a mystery, enshrouded in the great captain's infamy. Regardless of the truth, there's no denying that the Millennium Falcon is an epic spacecraft. It is a modified Corellian YT-1300f light freighter. When I was younger, I was really...

Big Discount DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US

Purchase for best price DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US. Selling price Low and Options of DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US from diversity stores in usa. You are very lucky. The item you are looking for DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US . We see discounts on products. My spouse and i think you are very lucky To be Get DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US in cheap. I believed that DMWD Household multifunction Electric Skillet cooking pot hotpot breakfast cooker Mini kettle pan steamer heater 2 Layers EU US is a great product . If purchased at the right price. not wonder you are looking for discounts. Please check the b...

BB-8 [75187] review

BB-8-ception BB-8! I mentioned before that I fell in love with  BB-8 [75187]  set ever since I saw it in the previews, and I'm sure I'll fall deeper once I've built it. True enough, I did. Before we go to the adorable droid, can we talk about the box first? BB-8 [75187] The packaging for The Last Jedi  looks very sophisticated and futuristic with its white and red color scheme. It literally goes with anything. Then the LEGO logo in red made everything perfect, complementing the whole look of the box. As if the brick built BB-8 is not adorable enough, the set comes with a minifigure as well. I remember two years ago, with the release of The Force Awakens , it's quite difficult to obtain this famous astromech droid in brick form. Now, it's in almost every LEGO Star Wars set (but that's not a problem. One can never have enough brick droids). The chase minifigure status has now been passed to its emo version, BB-H8 BB-9E, which is so far only included in Kylo Ren...